Sample Social Media Posts
- Are you ready to be a part of #CofCDAY? It’s a day to celebrate the College of Charleston! cofcday.cofc.edu
- Mark your calendars for January 30, 2020 -- we're launching our first 24-hour giving day. #CofCDAY #CofC250 cofcday.cofc.edu
- Celebrate the College of Charleston's 250th anniversary by making a gift on #CofCDAY! #CofC250 cofcday.cofc.edu
- We’re getting pumped for #CofCDAY! Join the conversation by following @CofC, @CofCGiving and liking the Annual Giving page on FB!
- Get ready to get up and give for #CofCDAY on January 30th! Follow @CofC to stay updated on the giving movement!
- Make your gift today to show your Cougar pride! Each gift makes a difference, no matter the size. #CofCDAY #CofC250 cofcday.cofc.edu
- History is made here at the College of Charleston. You can Make.History.Here by giving on #CofCDAY! Visit cofcday.cofc.edu to learn more.
- Make a gift now to impact the next 250 years: cofcday.cofc.edu #CofCDAY #CofC250
- Save the date: CofC Day is January 30th! You can be part of the celebration by giving to your favorite area of campus. Visit cofcday.cofc.edu to find out more.
- Are you ready to Make.History.Here? Join us in the celebration of the College's 250th anniversary by making a gift on January 30, 2020. #CofCDAY cofcday.cofc.edu
- Help us empower our students and continue our tradition of excellence by giving back on CofC Day! cofcday.cofc.edu
- With you gift on CofC Day, we can create an even brighter future for the College of Charleston. Give now: cofcday.cofc.edu
- Are you ready for CofC Day? Celebrate the College by giving back on January 30, 2020. cofcday.cofc.edu
- We're so excited to celebrate CofC Day! Today we honor the College's long & rich history and look forward to our future. Learn more on cofcday.cofc.edu
Get started by liking the Annual Giving Facebook page. This will allow you to get updates, important information and tips for CofC Day.
On your personal account, tag the page and ask your Facebook friends to check it out!
Tell everyone that you're participating in CofC Day. Be sure to tell people what it is all about by using some of the suggested messaging above. Let them know how they can donate and ask them to spread the word.
If you’re new to Twitter, they offer a getting started guide for newbies.
Below you will find a few tips to help you have success.
Tell your followers that you are participating in CofC Day. Tell your followers about CofC Day and why it's important to participate! Use some of the suggested tweets provided.
Use Hashtags and Handles. Whenever you share information include @CofC’s handle and #CofCDAY, #CofC250 to stay connected and spread your network.
Don’t just follow! Become a part of the conversation. Let people know that you are out there and engaged. Respond to tweets and comments.
Share pictures, videos and interesting content. Twitter is not just about your ‘words’. Pictures and videos draw people in, and sharing media what you and others are doing to celebrate shows that you are part of the CofC community, no matter where you're located.
Tweet, retweet and tweet again!
Looking to harness the power of visual communication? Take advantage of the ability to communicate with your potential supporters with impactful images and catchy captions. Never used Instagram? Check out Instagram’s “Getting Started on Instagram” guide to setup your account now!
Here’s your Instagram checklist:
Connect your Instagram and Facebook accounts. Make sure that your Instagram posts are automatically posted on Facebook. Connecting Facebook and Instagram harnesses the power of both social media platforms at once and allows you to reach a wider audience.
Find CofC images. Share pictures from your time on campus, show how you're celebrating the 250th or post some of our CofC Day graphics, located here.
Most importantly, have fun!